Making Christ visible in God’s community by providing social opportunities for the parish and community to fellowship together.
- Coffee Hour– This ministry prepares coffee for the sharing of fellowship between services and during Adult Formation. Gatherings can be found in the Reception Hall and/or the Parish hall each Sunday morning.
- Receptions (Funerals, Bishop’s Visitation, Confirmation, All Souls’ Taize, Blue Christmas, Epiphany, and other special events)– Receptions are available to church members following funeral and memorial services. Additionally, the Bishop’s reception is usually held during the Bishop’s yearly visit, and refreshments are sometimes provided for Diocesan gatherings at Holy Cross. Volunteers to bake, set up, serve and cleanup are always needed.
- Pentecost and Holy Cross Day Picnics– We celebrate both of these liturgical days by wearing red and bringing a covered dish to the pavilion, following the 10:30 a.m. Sunday service. The church provides paper products and beverages. Various games and activities are provided. Volunteers are appreciated for set up & clean up.
- Wednesday Suppers (Advent or Lent)– Mid-week suppers are periodically held throughout the year, usually prior to short-term or seasonal Adult Formation studies.
- Agape Meal– This meal, which takes place on Maundy Thursday, provides a “taste” of the Last Supper of Jesus and the Disciples which was a Passover Seder. To honor that tradition, we eat with our fingers some of the traditional foods that are part of a Seder meal and offer traditional prayers and toasts. We eat and celebrate together before moving into the sanctuary for a powerful and moving Maundy Thursday service which includes a foot washing and the stripping of the altar.
- Chili Cook-off– The annual Holy Cross Chili Cook off began in 1992 and is growing every year! This is a fun event that grew out of the late Hubert Clarkson’s wonderful sense of fellowship and we always have a wild time. The cook off is held immediately after the Annual Meeting and includes many pots of crazy-named chilies along with awards for the best chili in each category.
Nancy Mathews – email@example.com