Making Christ visible in God’s community by expressing the love of God through caring relationships, attentive care, and support in time of need.
- Caring Connection– As a parish seeking to make Christ visible in God’s community, one of our goals is to express the love of God through caring relationships and through attentive care and support in times of need. As a community we express our Christian love through our Caring Connection- a number of ministries that address different needs within the parish.
- Eucharistic Visitors– EVs are members of our parish who have been approved by the rector, received training, and have been licensed by the Bishop to take Holy Communion from our Altar to parishioners who are unable to attend worship, whether home-bound, in a hospital, or in assisted living. If you wish a visit from an EV, please contact Mother Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pastoral Visitors– PV’s are members of our parish who have completed a course in lay pastoral care and have been commissioned to visit on behalf of Holy Cross. These persons have committed themselves to a ministry of visitations in nursing homes, and to members who are hospitalized or confined to their homes. Contact Mother Linda at email@example.com for more information.
- Prayer Shawls– Our Sit n’ Stitch group creates prayer shawls which are then blessed and given to persons known to us who have a need to feel surrounded by God’s love. Contact Mother Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of someone who needs a prayer shawl.
- Transportation Team– When possible members of our transportation team provides transportation to worship services for parishioners who are unable to drive. Contact the church office to become a volunteer or to receive assistance.
- Caring Cards– Cards are sent regularly from our Holy Cross family to members who are home-bound or in assisted living facilities or serving in the military. Cards are also sent periodically to those members for whom we pray. To get involved in this ministry or to request cards for someone contact Mother Linda at email@example.com.
- Flower Ministry– Members of our Flower Ministry rearrange the alter flowers and deliver the bouquets to those who are unable to worship with us due to illness, infirmity, or hospitalization. Bouquets are also shared with those who grieve and with those who are celebrating milestones.
- Meals Ministry– The Meal Ministry at Holy Cross is intended to help those in need; those home with new babies; recovering from illness or surgery; and those who have lost a loved one. Meals are prepared and delivered to those in need.
- Holy Cross Cares Ministry– Care packages are sent twice a year to military personnel who are stationed over-seas. To request a package or to help, contact the church office.
- Hospice Watchman– Watchman volunteers are trained to provide information on hospice and end-of-life care. Bill Andree is our watchman volunteer for Open Arms Hospice and the McCall Hospice House.
- Wellness Team