Making Christ visible in God’s community through coordination of all worship activities of the parish.
- Many griups and individuals assist with planning for major services
- Eucharistic Ministry
- Altar Guild– The Altar Guild has the duties of altar setup and take down for all services, baptisms, funerals and weddings, washing and ironing linens, in addition to polishing the silver and brass. Members have a choice of the service that suites their schedule. If you would like more information about this valuable service, please contact the church office.
- Altar Flowers– Parishioners have the opportunity to provide altar flowers in thanksgiving for or in memory of a loved one or special occasion/event. The cost is $65.00, which is paid to Holy Cross during the week in which the acknowledgement appears in the Sunday bulletin. A signup sheet is located on the bulletin board in the reception all.
- Music Program– Traditional hymns and organ music are offered at 9 a.m., Sunday. The choir is open to anyone (high school students through adults) who can commit to regular services. Rehearsals are on Thursday nights at 7 p.m.
The 11:15 a.m. service offers contemporary music featuring guitars, drums and other instruments and is led by a small group of singers. Any youth or adult that is interested in playing an instrument, or singing for this service should contact Walter Hundt. Rehearsals for this service are at 12:30 p.m. on Saturdays and 10:30 a.m. on Sundays prior to service.
- Ushers– Ushering is very helpful and needed ministry. Ushers collect the offerings, hand out worship booklets, and help the congregation when guidance is needed. This is a great entry level ministry that will assist you in meeting everyone at Holy Cross. If you are interested in becoming a part of this ministry, please contact the church office.
- Acolytes– Acolytes assist the priests at the altar. They carry the crosses or banners, light the candles, and assist during the communion service in addition other duties for special services. Acolytes must be in third grade and there is no maximum age requirement.