The scholarship deadline is Monday, July 29.
The registration deadline is Thursday, August 1.
Registration is now open for Holy Cross’ 14th Annual Women’s Retreat. We will gather September 20-22 at Kanuga Conference and Retreat Center in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina. Join us to refresh your spirit and strengthen your relationship with God and community. If you need scholarship support to attend, please speak directly to Rev. Erin prior to registering. All scholarship requests will be kept confidiential.
This year’s theme is Care for Self: Body, Mind and Soul. We are blessed with not one but five amazing presenters! More information about them and their presentations is below.
- Michele Rivard will present on Faith-Filled Self-Care Through Art. Michele has been professionally and personally involved in faith-based work for 35 years in 7 diverse states. Join in exploring “Faith-Filled Self-Care” through quotes, poetry, stained glass, music, and art. Consider ways to grow and develop your unique spirituality in everyday life. Short lecture, individual project, and group discussion will be part of this fun session!
- Pam Imbler will present on The Way of the Heart to the Kingdom Within. Pam, a retired pharmacist, embraces many contemplative spiritual disciplines fostered over the past 20 years by participation in the Order of the Daughters of the King, Christian Healing Ministries, Cursillo, Education for Ministry, and personal study of Celtic spirituality and the way of St. Benedict. Pam serves the Holy Cross community through small groups leadership, spiritual formation special program facilitation, and liturgical prayer composition. She lives in the Five Forks area of Simpsonville with two very old Maltese. Pam considers an intimate connection to the Divine One necessary for a healthy spiritual life. Her retreat presentation will address the spiritual practices of solitude, silence, and prayer to connect and dwell with God in His Kingdom. Emphasis will include the understanding and practice of contemplative prayer which effects transformation of consciousness that shines a bit of the Kingdom into the world.
- Deb Flanagan will present on Sexual Abuse: What’s the Secret?
- Dionne Sandiford will present on domestic violence.
- Erin Richardson will present on Care of Body: Living Life from the Neck Up.